[forge-dev] Forge plugin for different Application Servers

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:45:59 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Luca Masini <luca.masini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is a dangerous territory, I experienced a lot of trouble making Arquillian
> adapter works for WebLogic and WebSphere, I think that Dan suggestion si
> very smart but be' prepared to try vendor provided Maven plugin.

I won't disagree that the road may be bumpy, but its in the best interest
of both Forge and Arquillian that these adapters work well, so let's accept
the challenge to ensure they work smoothly.

The major benefit of using the Arquillian adapters is that the developers
who wrote the adapters are from our own community. Vineet Reynolds
maintains the Weblogic and GlassFish adapters and Gerhard Poul maintains
the WebSphere adapters. Feel free to reach out to them via the Arquillian
forums or IRC if you need direct assistance or track issues more formally
via JIRA. I'm confident you'll have a better experience using Arquillian
code than trying to track down the Maven plugin authors for these
containers :)

-Dan

--
Dan Allen