[forge-dev] Forge Hack Night Summary

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:40:28 EDT 2012

Everyone did a fantastic job and I think we had fun! I know I did. I'm just
sorry that I could only stay for 2.5 hours while others were still working
on ideas.

George did a great job getting things organized and also fixing issues of
his own! Superstar :)

We will have to do this again.
~Lincoln

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:08 AM, <ggastald at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Everyone !
>>
>> The Forge Hack was an outstanding event! People really dug into the code
>> and made things happen. In only 2 hours, we could solve 4 annoying bugs!
>>
>> These are the issues resolved during the event:
>>
>>  FORGE-217 - George Gastaldi
>>  FORGE-660 - Ivannov
>>  FORGE-416 - Ricardo Martinelli
>>  FORGE-663 - Ivannov
>>
>> Many thanks to Lincoln Rockstar Baxter for the guidance on some nasty
>> issues. I would also like to specially thank three very competent
>> contributors who did their best to solve the issues (not in order of
>> importance, because they all rock):
>>
>>   - Ivan St. Ivanov
>>   - Ricardo Martinelli Oliveira
>>   - Jevgeni Zelenkov
>>
>> These guys are true Forge Heroes! I wish them only the best!
>>
>> Due to lack of time, some people couldn't finish their assigned JIRAs on
>> time. No problem on that.
>> If you feel that the issue you're working on is that important to be
>> included in the next version, we can discuss that in a Hangout if necessary.
>>
>> If everything goes well, we expect to release 1.0.7.Final next week (Huge
>> Features included ! Stay tuned !).
>>
>> And also, be prepared for another Forge Hack Night ! The "Golden Anvil"
>> achievement (IRC joke) is waiting for you! I'd love to hear for suggestions
>> on how we can improve this event even more.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> --
>> *George Gastaldi* | *Senior Software Engineer*
>> JBoss Forge Team
>> Red Hat

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."