[forge-dev] Blurb on http://forge.jboss.org

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Thu Sep 20 23:55:27 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

Anticipating the Forge stampede following JavaOne, could somebody please brush up the blurb on the Forge home page? I think it's confusing and obfuscates
the point. Specifically:

1. The second paragraph is basically a rewording of the first?
2. The second paragraph is basically the 'value proposition' that most users will be interested in. It should come first?
3. Even then, the second paragraph fails to convey the main 'value proposition': that is, that Forge allows rapid-application development using a command
line tool.

I think a lot of the features we tout 'front and centre' are pretty secondary for new users. New users are unlikely to care much about IDE integration,
plugins, or scripting. New users are more interested in doing what the video does (i.e. create a working app from the command line).

Regards,

Richard.