[forge-dev] Forge at the Devoxx 2012 Hackergarten

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:51:46 EDT 2012

As you may have seen, there will be a full-day hackergarten (hackfest /
workshop) at Devoxx 2012 [1]. I saw in the logs that you were discussing it
at the end of today's meeting. I'd definitely like to see the Forge project
represented there. It's a great opportunity for attendees to get hands on
with Forge and to get more people interested in contributing.

I'm looking for a few things:

- thumbs up that you want Forge involved
- a list of people that would like to be mentors (looking for 1 to 3 people)

To make the event successful you should perhaps create a wiki (or website)
page that has:

- a link to a setup guide so participants are ready to start hacking
- a list of ideas / goals to accomplish; the starter tasks are good for
this, or perhaps tutorials (to build experience)

As far as Forge is concerned, I think the focus of the event should be to
get people familiar with using Forge and either writing plugins (easier
goal) or hacking the core (more lofty goal).

Btw, the hackergarten is a good opportunity to give out mini-cards, buttons
or whatever else you have to distribute.

-Dan

[1] http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV12/2012/09/25/More+Space+and+Content

--
Dan Allen