[forge-dev] JDF Forge plugin

Rafael Benevides benevides at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 13:30:39 EDT 2012

Hi guys.

Today I was talking with George Gastaldi and we discussed about JDF
Forge plugin. http://www.jboss.org/jdf/stack/plugin-jdf/

Forge plugin was planned (
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGEPLUGINS-37 ) prior the JBoss Stacks
project ( http://www.jboss.org/jdf/stack/stacks/ ) so I think that we
could update the JDF Forge plugin to use the Runtimes and Archetypes
information too.

Today jdf plugin shows all available boms through command completer:

|jdf use-stack --stack<TAB>|

I think we should update jdf plugin to use the Runtime to display only
the available BOMs/BomVersions from each Runtime:

|jdf use-stack --runtime jboss-eap-60 --bom<TAB>  (change --stack to --bom)|

Even the Archetype information can be used also to delegate the creation
of a project using the correct archetype to that Runtime. _Here I'm not
sure if it this kind of overwrite is desirable. _

|jdf new-project --runtime jboss-eap-6- --archetype<TAB>|

What you forge/jdf guys think ?