[forge-dev] a reference example of a plugin repository

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 20:04:35 EDT 2013

Btw, Gradle is looking into the same thing and they do have to build
something. I forget where I read it, perhaps in the roadmap for the
upcoming release.

"Starting work on the Gradle Plugin Portal to improve the experience of
publishing and using 3rd party plugins with Gradle."

http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/gradle_1_6_release_outlook

-Dan

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I like the ideas of using Github Post Receive hooks to keep the repository
> up-to-date, not sure how that really works too well with Maven since
> ideally addons would be released before they are published. The thing with
> JS is you don't have to "build" it.
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen <
> max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I find these various combinations of custom registries fascinating -
>> all so damn flexible but makes it more or less impossible to have a notion
>> of a registry/stream with custom patches.
>>
>> i.e. maven have mirrors and qualifiers for this; rpm's has arch and
>> distro type (and repo lists);
>> how does something like this works in things like jquery and forge world ?
>>
>> This is not a bitching question btw. i'm honestly interested in finding
>> out how it can be done
>> without too much manual fiddling.
>>
>> /max
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 05:05:59PM -0300, ggastald at redhat.com wrote:
>> >This is absolutely awesome !! Thanks for the suggestion Dan, we'll
>> >really look forward to implementing something like it

>> http://blog.jquery.com/2013/01/16/announcing-the-jquery-plugin-registry/

>> >--
>> >*George Gastaldi* | /Senior Software Engineer/
>> >JBoss Forge Team
>> >Red Hat

> Lincoln Baxter, III
> http://ocpsoft.org