[forge-dev] jbosstools-forge

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 12:33:22 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:20:16AM -0400, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>Why would removing .project and .classpath be an issue? These files cause
>problems and inconsistencies when importing into different environments, or
>even when simply updating maven dependencies of a bundle.

it means you can no longer just do File > Import existing projects

Which is much faster.

Of course if your plugins now are 100% coupled to m2e that is a burden.

But generally we keep those files uptodate so you are not forced to use m2e in eclipse
(since for 99% of our plugins no maven is needed besides when running from cmd line)

/max