[forge-dev] Interesting in doing GSOC 2013 with Forge

Shameera Rathnayaka shameerainfo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:33:25 EDT 2013

Hi George,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM, <ggastald at redhat.com> wrote:

>  Awesome Shameera!
>
> I'd say that either are priority. We had another one that is too add
> support for IntelliJ/Netbeans in Forge 2.0.

Is this idea removed from idea list or still available?

> I'd recommend you to be familiar with Forge by reading the docs/tutorials
> in http://forge.jboss.org as well as reading the source code.

I have went through few tutorials and resources, it seems forge is using
test driven development(TDD) approach, which is perfect way to build highly
robust and maintainable project.

> You can meet us in #forge in irc.freenode.net too.

Ok sure, will join with this channel.

Thanks,
Shameera.

> Best Regards,
>
> George Gastaldi
>

> On 04/06/2013 02:35 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka wrote:
>
>  Hi devs,
>
>  I have successfully done my 2012 GSOC with Apache Axis2[1], I am
> interesting in doing this time with JBOSS, I checked idea list published in
> GSOC13 idea list[2]. I would like to know more about two projects proposed
> with Forge[3][4]. Which proposal has more priority over other, and what are
> the area i need to look at( definitely i have to play with forge to be
> familiar) in that proposal?
>

>  Thanks,
> Shameera.
>
>  [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5270
>  [2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC13Ideas
> [3]
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC13Ideas#Implement_a_Database_Migration_system_as_plugin_for_Forge
> [4
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC13Ideas#Support_for_the_Gradle_build_system_as_a_plugin_for_Forge
> ]
>
>  --
>  Best Regards,
> Shameera Rathnayaka.

> *George Gastaldi* | *Senior Software Engineer*
> JBoss Forge Team
> Red Hat

Best Regards,
Shameera Rathnayaka.