[forge-dev] Gradle Addon status update - Gradle project creation working :)

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 20:34:50 EDT 2013

Adam,

AWESOME! And congratulations :) This is EXCELLENT!

I am very excited about this. Unfortunately, my work day just ended (after
about 11 hours,) so I need to take a break, but I will try this out
tomorrow.

I wonder, does the Gradle eclipse plugin work well enough to resolve
dependencies and compile the java file?

Again - Thrilled,
~Lincoln

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Adam Wyłuda <adamwyl92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to present you first screenshot of working project creation with
> Gradle addon.
>
> As you could see there are three text editors showing important aspects of
> this experiment:
> - build.gradle - created by Gradle facets, also updated by JPA - Setup
> Forge command (which added managed dependency, but Eclipse log shows it
> couldn't resolve something)
> - MyEntity.java - class generated using JPA - New entity option
> - pom.xml - I don't know how it got here, but I'm sure it is not used, as
> Eclipse log shows that Gradle is being run to obtain info about project
> (and very interesting thing - performance is much better than in Arquillian
> tests, for each Gradle run it seems to take only about 0.3 seconds)
>
> Project build file was entirely created and modified using only Gradle
> facets (if you don't believe you can pull latest version and check it
> yourself :)).
>
> Screenshot:
> [image: Obraz w treści 1]

http://ocpsoft.org