[forge-dev] github pull request to issue linking

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:49:40 EDT 2013

Hey Thomas!

As far as I know, pull requests need to be automatically linked. However,
commits are automatically added to the JIRA history if the issue number is
referenced in the commit text:

E.g: "Fixes FORGE-1030 - Blah blah blah" would be picked up by the jboss
JIRA github hook and added to the issue activity log.

That's the behavior I've observed - I hope this clears things up :)

~Lincoln

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Frühbeck <fruehbeck at aon.at> wrote:

> Hi,
> I recall having seen github linking a pull request to the JIRA issue
> automatically. With my last pull request this was not the case, did I do
> something wrong?
> Can you please tell me how that feature worked and why it didnt with my
> last pull request: https://github.com/forge/core/issues/348?
> I really would like to see that feature at the company's site too :-)
> Thanks,
> Thomas

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."