[forge-dev] Dynamic UI in Eclipse

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Thu Jan 17 16:27:05 EST 2013

George,

Yeah, these read like early versions of Metawidget code :)

     For ComponentFactory equivalent, see
https://github.com/metawidget/metawidget/blob/master/modules/java/swt/src/main/java/org/metawidget/swt/widgetbuilder/SwtWidgetBuilder.java

     For ForgeWizardPage equivalent, see
https://github.com/metawidget/metawidget/blob/master/modules/java/swt/src/main/java/org/metawidget/swt/layout/GridLayout.java

So I think there's a good chance you can save yourself some time here. Especially with regards to data binding support. Please try downloading the examples
distribution:

https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=208482&filename=metawidget-2.5-examples.zip

And running the 'examples/swt/addressbook-swt.jar' example. Then try the tutorial at:

http://metawidget.org/doc/reference/en/html/ch01s02.html#section-introduction-part2-desktop

Obviously I'd love to see this integration happen. I'm on holiday next week (I can respond to e-mails, but not do any coding). But happy to help if you
have questions.

Regards,

Richard.