[forge-dev] IDEA codestyle definitions for JBoss Forge?

ggastald at redhat.com ggastald at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 13:46:11 EDT 2013

Hello Lennart,

Welcome to the forge-dev list! My name is George and I am one of the
core developers of JBoss Forge. Please find your answers below:

1) The only code formatter we use in Forge core is the
https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/eclipse-code-formatter-profile.xml

2) Absolutely, code quality plugins are very important and we would
appreciate using them as part of the build.

As always, pull-requests with an associated JIRA (
http://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE) are more than welcome! :)

Best Regards and Keep Forgin' !

George Gastaldi

On 07/24/2013 02:15 PM, Lennart Jörelid wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Hope you are enjoying some high-quality vacation time this time of the
> year.
>
> Two Forge-Dev newbie questions here:
>
>  1. I am in the process of creating a few patches or suggestions for
>     Forge, and wonder if we have a codestyle XML or JAR for IntelliJ
>     IDEA which matches the codestyle used in Forge. I have snooped
>     around a tad on the site and in the repo, but so far could not
>     find any.
>  2. While it is nice to use any IDE to define codestyle, it is even
>     better if some code quality plugins run within Maven can
>     validate/enforce the code quality within our development. I can
>     find some (rather nonintrusive) plugin version definitions within
>     the jboss-parent-10.pom, but not any actual codestyle enforcements
>     (at least not within the Forge project). Have I missed them, or
>     have the dev community agreed that we do not need code quality
>     plugins run?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> :)
> --
> +==============================+
> | Bästa hälsningar,
> | [sw. "Best regards"]
> |
> | Lennart Jörelid
> | EAI Architect & Integrator
> |
> | jGuru Europe AB
> | Mölnlycke - Kista
> |
> | Email:lj at jguru.se  <mailto:lj at jguru.se>
> | URL:www.jguru.se  <http://www.jguru.se>
> | Phone
> | (skype):    jgurueurope
> | (intl):     +46 708 507 603
> | (domestic): 0708 - 507 603

*George Gastaldi* | /Senior Software Engineer/
JBoss Forge Team
Red Hat