[forge-dev] GSOC Student Introduction - Andrei Simionescu

Andrei Simionescu ansimionescu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:12:37 EDT 2013

Hi everyone

This summer I'll be working on Forge IDE integration as part of GSOC. The idea my proposal was based on is here.
I'll maintain an overview page on my website. The code for the first part - the IDEA plugin - can be found in this repo.

There's some info and trivia about me after the break.

Best wishes
Andrei

name Andrei Simionescu
contact Github twitter web Google+
country Romanian, living in the UK
study University of York, CS, 2nd year

interests
deep AI
algorithms and data structures
developing finely-crafted products
the magical world of startups
non-BS software engineering
fast and pretty silicon/cars/etc
preferred tech
C++, Java, Python, Go
AngularJS
OS X
Chocolat, IntelliJ IDEA
5 apps I love
Chrome
Rdio
Imgur
Github
Dropbox
5 companies I'd love to work for
OwnLocal
Zillabyte
Fog Creek Software
37signals
Red Gate
fun facts
started using a computer at 3 (I can still remember some of those awesome games)
implemented a chess game GUI when I started to learn programming at 14 y'o
I can recite all the digits in π (not necessarily in the correct order)