[forge-dev] Plugin Backwards Compatibility

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 05:03:37 EDT 2013

We ran into the same problem with the scaffold plugin. I wanted some @Option-annotated method parameters and @Command-annotated methods to be removed or deprecated, but didn't so, due to the reasons Max and Lincoln have outlined. I would suggest retaining the existing options and commands for backward compatibility, and introduce new ones if you can make them work with the existing ones.