[forge-dev] sblanc's video?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed May 15 06:20:54 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 07:05:16PM +0200, Sebastien Blanc wrote:
>On 05/13/2013 06:56 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> Hi Max,
>>> as Vineet said, it's a specific config file to set specific "flags" and
>>> options for the aerogear scaffolding. I'm using this to not break the
>>> current Scaffold API, in the future, Aerogear may become a plugin on its
>>> own and some of the config will be mirgrated to command line options.
>>> I'm trying to upload right now with a higher res, hope it will be more
>>> watchable. Otherwise, I'm planning to a new one, with voice over and
>>> also showing the push to cloud option.
>>> Sebi
>> Okey - any reason why it can't use forge preferences for this ?
>>
>> and if it needs to be external file shouldn't we name it something more specific
>> than config.yml ? maybe forgescaffold.yml (assuming its not aerogear specific)
>>
>> /max

>Hi Max,
>Well the main reason right now it's to be able to use JSON instead of
>XML. BTW, it's not a .yml extension but just a classic .json extension.

afaik forge uses json...at least thats what I thought it did ;)

>The config file is very specific to AeroGear (and the project itself)

I assume it is for the project itself since it is in the project - but
afaik forge config also has a project scope that stores in the project (Lincoln,
correct me if i'm wrong on that)

>and might be used in the future for JS based tooling (Yeoman extension
>etc ...) where JSON is more appropriate.

Sure - but it would just be nice we:

A) don't use such generic names as config.yml - maybe aerogear-scaffold.yml(?)

B) consider not having multiple .yml files for something that is more or less specfiic/limited to forge plugins (thus forge.yml might be better?)

/max