[forge-dev] Java Parser API v2

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 12:30:35 EST 2013

Hi all,
  As development continues on Forge 2, I think we had all hoped the
improvements to the parser API would be available in time to be used for
the release.  We now have a split between JavaType and JavaSource which
represent the read only and writable portions of the parser API for a given
class|interface|enum|annotation|package-descriptor.  The latest version is
at https://github.com/forge/java-parser/tree/refactor-hierarchy.  Would it
be SOP to proceed by publishing a SNAPSHOT, or...?

  Also, since there are quite a few incompatible API changes, I wonder if
it would make sense to change the package name at some level, e.g.
org.jboss.forge.parser2, as well as the Maven artifact id.  By avoiding
"jar hell" with multiple versions of the library on the classpath, this
would make it possible for dependent Forge plugins to switch over gradually
if necessary and might avoid impacting release timelines.

Thanks,
Matt