[forge-dev] Questions about migrating git-tools to Forge 2

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 10:13:31 EDT 2013

Hi Ivan!

3) You can safely use instanceof. It should work. Another option is
using the reify method, so it will convert your resource to the desired
type if it's not the expected type or return null if it's not possible.

7) The completer API has completely changed from Forge 1. Now you just
need to return a list of the objects that matches the value passed as a
parameter. Do you need anything specific that it is not covered in the
UICompleter interface? Which completer are you trying to migrate?

2) You no longer need getSelectedProject in AbstractGitCommand, use the
one from AbstractProjectUICommand. I don't think this code fits in
another place, but we can review that.

8) In Forge 2, the shell no longer has a "sub-command" concept (Eg: cdi
setup was replaced by cdi-setup). The shell addon automatically converts
spaces into dashes so it's easier to find the command you need from the
first auto-complete.

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi