[forge-dev] Asciidoctor, Hyla and Forge

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 09:47:20 EST 2014

Hey Alex!

Good to hear from you :) Regarding JBoss Modules, I don't think there will
be a problem there, because I have AsciidoctorJ running fine on JBoss AS 7,
and that also uses JBM. If there is an issue, which would surprise me, we
can fix it :)

Let's see how it goes!

This sounds like a perfect fit for Forge. How can we help you get started?

~Lincoln

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM, George Gastaldi <ggastald at redhat.com> wrote:

> Looks like it's doable with Forge 2. I'd love to know which issue you had
> with JBM in your past experience.
>
> Join us in the IRC (#forge in irc.freenode.net) and we'll help you out on
> setting up a new addon to do that.
>
> Em 04/02/2014, às 11:35, Alex Soto <asotobu at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> Hello Forge folks,
>
> this is Alex, I am the developer of AsciidoctorJ, the interface between
> Ruby part of Asciidoctor and Java. There is one project called Hyla
> https://github.com/cmoulliard/hyla (written in Ruby) which is something
> like a console for working with Asciidoctor. Basically what I am going to
> do is something similar but for Java.
>
> What I want is create some commands which allows you to create an
> Asciidoctor project for example with DZSlides structure, so for example
> user can do:
>
> $>asciidoctor install template dzslides http://......... #this command
> download a template from internet and install it inside forge directory.
>
> $>asciidoctor create dzslides /home/alex/mypresentation #this command
> basically uncompress the downloaded file inside the destination directory
>
> $>asciidoctor render #this command renders the project.
>
> Then as you can see it is a very lightweight operations, basically
> download something from internet, uncompress it, and run a compilation
> command. Of course maybe in future I can add something like push to
> github-pages, ....
>
> But my original idea was to usig Crest (project from Tomitribe) because I
> don't need many things provided by (Forge 1), but after Forge 2 is released
> (which means user can install the required addons instead of having some
> predefined addons),
>
> I send this email because Lincoln asked it in Twitter, so I don't know
> what are your thoughts about this.
>
> BTW one thing that worries me a lot is about using JBoss Modules because
> historically has complicated a bit our life with classloader issues and
> JRuby, but of course may be it is time to give a try with Forge.
>
> Thank you so much,
> Alex.

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."