[forge-dev] Asciidoctor, Hyla and Forge

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:47:09 EST 2014

Hey Alex,

Yes, I think so.

The first place to start is here:

https://github.com/forge/core#developing-an-addon

This will explain how to create your own addon, and the concepts of addon
development.

Once you've done that, you probably want to create an addon that depends on
the "ui" addon, and the "resources" addon.

To build a pre-packaged custom Forge, you can do something like we've done
in our "dist" module:

https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/dist/pom.xml

With an additional configuration to pre-install(bundle) the addons you need
(including your addon:)

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-forge/blob/master/plugins/org.jboss.tools.forge2.runtime/pom.xml#L20

Then you will need to create a bootstrapper that configures the repository
and starts furnace:

https://github.com/forge/furnace#usage

This is a lot of info, but we will be here to help with each step :)

~Lincoln

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:31 AM, <forge-dev at lists.jboss.org> wrote:

> Cool! I wish I can start working on this as soon as possible because I am a
> bit tired to copy-paste my project time after time. So for me the next step
> is where I can find documentation (or if you can explain as you mentioned
> in previous post) for creating an own Forge with shell alone (installing
> shell using --install command?). Then I suppose that I will need to create
> my addon with furnace for dealing with asciidoctorj and finally adding some
> Forge dependencies for dealing with resources (basically  create
> directories and copy content).
>
> Am I on the good direction?
>
> Thanks.
>

> 2014-02-05 Guest <do-not-reply at jboss.com>:
>
> >       JBoss Community <https://community.jboss.org/>    (forge-dev)
> > Asciidoctor, Hyla and Forge
> >
> > reply from Guest in *Forge Development* - View the full discussion<
> https://community.jboss.org/message/856273?et=watches.email.thread#856273>
>

> Posted by forums
> Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/856278#856278

http://ocpsoft.org