[forge-dev] Passing parameters from command to a meta widget

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Wed May 21 09:46:45 EDT 2014

Hey Ivanov,

    Sorry about the late reply and thanks for taking this on. On reviewing the code, there are two ways to fix this:

    1. the Forge Configuration object for the project could be used to store the target directory provided by the user. This was the approach used in Forge 1, but was unfortunately missed out in Forge 2. The configuration being empty and unused is the root cause of this bug.
    2. the metawidget could be initialized in a programmatic manner like described in this section : http://metawidget.sourceforge.net/doc/reference/en/html/ch02s04.html#section-architecture-widgetbuilders-implementing-your-own
       Currently the XML route is used, and this prevents variable information like the target directory from being passed onto the widget, except through some shared store (like the Forge Configuration in the above point).
       I'd recommend this way going forward, but I'm ok if you stick to resolving the issue through (1) instead of (2).

Thanks,
Vineet