[forge-dev] Install Forge from CURL (FORGE-1896)

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:17:54 EDT 2014

Hi Devanshu,

I think that the documentation seems a bit confusing. Actually, you can
extract Forge to whatever directory you like. Then you should just add that
directory to your path.

IMHO, the docu would sound a bit more clear if the sentence

*On Unix based operating systems, this typically means editing your
~/.bashrc or ~/.profile; you will need to the following entries:*

was changed to something like:

*On Unix based operating systems, this typically means editing your
~/.bashrc or ~/.profile. Suppose you have extracted Forge under ~/forge
directory. Then you will need to add the following entries:*

And still the question remains: if you extract directly the zip under
~/forge, then your FORGE_HOME should be (as you noticed)
~/forge/forge-distribution-2.12.1.Final. So even the above explanation is
not the best...

Lincoln, George, what do you think?

Cheers,
Ivan