[forge-dev] Forge Meeting Minutes - 2015-03-10

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:41:39 EDT 2015

Minutes:
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2015/forge.2015-03-10-14.03.html

Minutes (text):
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2015/forge.2015-03-10-14.03.txt

Log:
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2015/forge.2015-03-10-14.03.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda  (lincolnthree, 14:03:36)

* Status Reports  (lincolnthree, 14:06:56)
  * I've refactored the Furnace test harness to introduce the
    AddonArchive and @AddonDeployments features  (lincolnthree,
    14:07:19)
  * it's now possible to use @AddonDependencies to automatically add
    dependencies to the AddonArchive, without needing to duplicate the
    information in the @Deployment method itself  (lincolnthree,
    14:07:49)
  * You can also control import/export of the dependencies from the
    @AddonDependency or @AddonDeployment annotations.  (lincolnthree,
    14:08:07)
  * This was released in 2.15.0 and 2.15.1 (there was a bug)
    (lincolnthree, 14:08:30)
  * I also spent a good amount of time reviewing latest changes to the
    website, and I'm going to meet with the designer this week to
    discuss remaining issues  (lincolnthree, 14:09:00)
  * Forge 2.15.1.Final will be released today  (gastaldi, 14:09:39)
  * I also implemented an AddonLoadingStrategy policy with gastaldi that
    allows you to control what versions of addons may or may not be
    loaded by Furnace  (lincolnthree, 14:10:01)
  * that's all from me  (lincolnthree, 14:10:07)
  * Issues related to the Furnace container should now go into
    https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FURNACE  (gastaldi, 14:10:56)
  * I'll move the open issues associated with Furnace over there
    (gastaldi, 14:11:14)
  * Furnace has now a separate JIRA project because it has it's own
    release cycle  (gastaldi, 14:11:48)
  * Finished writing Tutorial on creating a new Java EE Command (needs
    to be reviewed)  (agoncal, 14:13:42)
  * Started working on the second Tutorial about creating a new Java EE
    command that updates code  (agoncal, 14:14:19)

* Website Status  (lincolnthree, 14:27:25)
  * I did the second review with the designer and found a lot of new
    issues with the site, so… sent it back for more fixes. Going to meet
    with him later this week to review and make sure it all gets fixed.
    (lincolnthree, 14:27:51)
  * Forge 2.15.1.Final is released!  (lincolnthree, 14:40:07)
  * LINK:
    https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311820&version=12326733
    (gastaldi, 14:40:23)
  *