[forge-dev] JavaType vs JavaSource

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 18:16:14 EDT 2015

IMHO, there is a minor difference that may explain it. JavaType should be used when the object might be a compiled java type vs when you have the source code of a Java type (JavaSource). In practice they don't differ much but afaik this was the main difference.

PS: Roaster does not support parsing of compiled java types yet, but the model is ready for this feature when it becomes available.