[forge-dev] Cant set Json array as FileResource content

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Sun Oct 18 22:06:38 EDT 2015

Hi Rafael,

This is definitely a bug. I created a JIRA and pushed the fix (along with a
reproducible test case): https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-2500

Thanks for catching this :)

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Rafael Pestano <rmpestano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to set the contents of a FileResource with an unNamed array,
> example:
>
> FileResource<?> fileResource =
> root.getChild("test").reify(FileResource.class);
>

> fileResource.setContents("[]"); //same as
> Json.createArrayBuilder().build().toString()
>
> here it throws the exception:
>
> org.jboss.forge.addon.resource.ResourceException: Error while setting the
> Json contents
>     at
> org.jboss.forge.addon.parser.json.resource.JsonResourceImpl.setContents(JsonResourceImpl.java:98)
>     at
> org.jboss.forge.addon.parser.json.resource.JsonResourceImpl.setContents(JsonResourceImpl.java:29)
>

> I think the error is because JsonResource tries to read an object (instead
> of an array in the case) in set contents(JsonResourceImpl line 93):
>
> setContents(reader.readObject());
>

> is this a bug or intended behaviour?
>
> --
> <http://www.advancedit.com.br/>Att,
>
> Rafael M. Pestano
>
> Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
> http://rpestano.wordpress.com/
> @realpestano <https://twitter.com/realpestano>

*George Gastaldi | Senior Software Engineer*

JBoss Forge Team
T: +55 11 3524-6169
M: +55 47 9711-1000