[forge-dev] Multitenancy for Forge as a Service

Andrew Lee Rubinger alr at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 18:27:47 EST 2017

Hi, all:

We have some requests coming down the pike from the Developer Group with
regards to running Forge as a Service (which is great!).

Additionally, I'm suspecting this will soon be very important for us as
well, as we continue to build out what's currently known as the "Obsidian
Generator", using Forge as a backend.

I'm hoping the Forge team will kindly advise as to our preparedness for
running Forge in a multitenant environment.  Concerns may include resource
consumption (not running an instance-per-user), security, etc.  Have we yet
broached this subject specifically in the prototypes I've seen thus far
using Forge Online?

I've requested of the Developer Group a list of requirements they've
devised; will send those along here when I have them.  In the meantime,
mind describing where we currently stand?

S,
ALR

--
Red Hat Developer Group Architecture