[forge-users] Get a list of all classes extending a specific class

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:01:11 EST 2012

Hi Rudy,

Source scanning is on the list of things to implement in the
JavaSourceFacet, but unfortunately we don't have it yet. Actually, we could
use some help with this feature. Is that something you'd be interested in
creating, since you know what you need?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-469

There are methods called: javaClass.getSuperType() and getInterfaces() that
you can use, though, but there just isn't any way to walk over all source
files yet. Wouldn't be hard to implement!

~Lincoln

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For a plugin, I could use some functionality that scans the source
> directories and report me all the java classes that extend a certain class.
>
> But I couldn't find anything for that in Forge.
>
> Is there some way of getting the parent class ? (or do I have the 'parse'
> the source myself (find extend clause and see what come next))
>
> Thx
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Rudy De Busscher