[forge-users] Forge comparison with Roo

Anand S. Anandan lanandan at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 12:53:21 EST 2012

I see a comparison of RAD tools in the internet. It compares
Forge with Roo and Play.

http://www.slideshare.net/jbaruch/pure-java-rad-and-scaffolding-tools-race

I am wondering if the following about Forge are true.

It says Roo offers continuous support to update the
Scaffolding. Whereas forge is just one time. Is this True? I am wondering what
about the option of Create Scaffold from entity? How does it differ from the
way it works from Roo.

It says Forge does not support Rest? I have seen video demos
on Forge supporting Rest. Is it different than how Roo supports it?

It says Roo supports Full text Search vis SOLR. Forge does
not support any? Is this correct? Anything planned on Forge side?

Clarification on the above will be very helpful. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

-Anand