[forge-users] Using rhc-express in Eclipse with Forge

forge-users at lists.jboss.org forge-users at lists.jboss.org
Sun Nov 10 21:24:59 EST 2013

Hi there,

I'm currently getting started with the JBoss tools in Eclipse to create a Java Facebook app. I have everything supposedly working as it should be except that I cannot get the Openshift commands to work in the Forge console in Eclipse. It'll take 'rhc setup' but nothing else. I was expecting to be able to use 'rhc-express setup' and 'rhc-express deploy' as documented on some tutorials - but to no avail. It simply states there is no such command.

Windows 7 64bit
Eclipse JEE Indigo SR2
JBoss tools from the Eclipse marketplace
Following this tutorial: http://ocpsoft.org/opensource/creating-a-facebook-app-new-web-application-hosting-and-basic-facebook-functionality/

Any help on where I'm going wrong and how to get Openshift to work in Eclipse with Forge would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/845265#845265