[forge-users] Eclipse integration with newer Forge versions?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:48:12 EDT 2013

Hmm, that does seem like an integration problem. My recommendation would be
against using mvn eclipse:eclipse, but rather "File --> Import --> Existing
Maven Project"

If that option is not available, that is likely also the reason why the
import did not work in the first place. I hope this helps! Let us know if
it works :)

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM, <forge-users at lists.jboss.org> wrote:

> [Meta:  if the answer to this is "RTFM", where is it that I should have
> looked?]
>
> I'm a quiche-eating IDE user, so I'm running Forge in JBoss Tools 4.1 (on
> Eclipse 4.3.1), not standalone.
>
> If I use the Forge version (1.3.3) that was bundled with JBoss Tools, all
> is good:  Forge "new-project" automagically generates the appropriate
> Eclipse artifacts (.classpath and .project), and Eclipse recognizes and
> displays the project.
>
> I downloaded and unzipped Forge 1.4.2 and, in Eclipse Window ->
> Preferences, used Forge -> Installed Forge Runtimes to add the unpacked
> Forge 1.4.2 runtime and mark it as the default runtime to use.
>
> With that setup, Forge 1.4.2 starts up fine in Eclipse and "new-project"
> generates a new Maven project.  But it doesn't have any Eclipse artifacts,
> so not surprisingly the project is invisible to Eclipse.
>
> Probably the missing automagic is something really simple (at a guess,
> perhaps the embedded 1.3.3 knows it should run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" and
> does that, whereas perhaps my unpacked 1.4.2 doesn't get the message to do
> that?), but:
> 1. Is there something I should have configured somewhere so that the
> Eclipse-artifact automagic "just works" for e.g. my unpacked Forge 1.4.2
> runtime, or
> 2. If #1 is a non-starter, should I just remember to intone something
> (e.g. "mvn eclipse:eclipse"?) after "new-project", or is there more to it
> than that?
>
> Just for grins I tried "mvn eclipse:eclipse", which did indeed generate
> .classpath, .project etc but still didn't make the project visible to
> Eclipse (even after an Eclipse restart), so presumably there's something
> else needed, maybe in the .metadata for the Eclipse workspace?
>
> Posted by forums
> Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/842366#842366

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org