[forge-users] Eclipse integration with newer Forge versions?

forge-users at lists.jboss.org forge-users at lists.jboss.org
Fri Oct 18 21:22:19 EDT 2013

{quote:modifiedtitle=true|class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
Lincoln Baxter III wrote:

Hmm, that does seem like an integration problem. My recommendation would be

against using mvn eclipse:eclipse, but rather "File --> Import --> Existing

Maven Project"
{quote}

Ah, yes -- in other words, do it the m2e way, not the mvn eclipse:eclipse way.

Yes, File --> Import --> Existing Maven Project exists and (now that you have reminded me to use it) seems to work fine.

And, once I did that, there does seem to be some level of integration working between the Forge 1.4.2 shell and Eclipse -- if I use 'cd' in the Forge shell to move around between sibling projects, the Eclipse "Project Explorer" view apparently gets notified and highlights the directory that I have cd'ed to.  I don't have a mental model of how the various moving parts do/don't integrate, but this is working enough that I can keep going.  Thanks.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/842388#842388