[forge-users] How to create a new scaffold-x provider

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 10:01:02 EST 2014

Hey There,

Sorry for the late reply - the holiday season is always difficult.

First, I have to recommend that you try upgrading to Forge 2, since it will
make doing this infinitely easier. Forge 1 did not really handle extensions
very well beyond the simple plugin mechanism. Forge 2 is much simpler and
easier to extend, and Forge 1 is no longer under development or maintenance.

You should take a look at the new AngularJS scaffold for Forge 2. The code
is still a bit cluttered, sorry, but the concept of extending Forge 2 is
far simpler:

http://forge.jboss.org/addon/org.jboss.forge.addon:angularjs

Just implement the ScaffoldProvider interface, then install your addon into
Forge 2:

https://github.com/forge/angularjs-addon/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/addon/angularjs/AngularScaffoldProvider.java

Once your addon is installed (see installation instructions on the
angularjs addon page - just replace with your addon's coordinates) your
scaffold should be listed in the choices for available scaffolding when
running the "Scaffold - Generate" / 'scaffold-generate' command.

I hope this is helpful, and sorry again for the late reply.

~Lincoln

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM, <forge-users at lists.jboss.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to cerate a new scaffoldx provider like this one:
> forge/angularjs-scaffoldx-plugin · GitHub (
> https://github.com/forge/angularjs-scaffoldx-plugin)
>
> I created a new project and basically copied the code from the one above
> just to test some things. Now, how do I make it that it shows on the $
> list-scaffoldx-providers list so I can use it in a project? I have tried
> the $ forge source-plugin {PATH} command to add the plugin and it shows on
> the $ forge list-plugins command, but not on the $ list-scaffoldx-providers
> list. How do I install it as a eclipse project into forge?
>
> I am using Forge 1.4.4
>
> What I want to make is a plugin like the one mentioned above, to create
> JSF pages from an entity. And I don't want to make it available to everyone
> on the http://forge.jboss.org/1.x/plugins.html page, since  I am only
> studying forge and want to test it locally.
>
> Thanks
>
> Posted by forums
> Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/914121#914121

Lincoln Baxter, III