[forge-users] How do I run Forge shell from the code ?

Antonio Goncalves antonio.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 06:10:26 EST 2014

Well, I also do the entire "remove my ~/.forge and install the core with
forge -i org.jboss.forge.addon:core,2.0.1-SNAPSHOT -b"... but I thought
there was something easier. So, from my IDE I cannot run a Main class
somewhere that kick off Forge locally (without having to istall it) ?

> Hi Antonio,
>
> There are two options:
>
> - I usually build the whole project (tests disabled), then go into
> dist/target and unzip the distribution. After that I remove my ~/.forge and
> install the core with forge -i org.jboss.forge.addon:core,2.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> -b.
>
> - create tests using the shell-test-harness.
>
> There is a sh script in the forge/core root that does the unzipping but I
> usually do it manually.
>
> Em 16/02/2014, às 17:48, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
> Hi developers,
>
> I've cloned Forge 2 code on my local computer, I create pull/requests,
> test new functionalities.... But do you know how I actually run the command
> shell from the code ?
>
> If I run the org.jboss.forge.bootstrap.Bootstrap class (it has a *public
> static void *main method) the output just hangs (like when the Shell is
> not installed) :
>
> JBoss Forge, version [ 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT ] - JBoss, by Red Hat, Inc. [
> http://forge.jboss.org ]
>
> So I thought of passing this argument to the Bootstrap class (--install
> org.jboss.forge.addon:core,2.0.1-SNAPSHOT) but there is a NPE at :
>
> String result = System.*console*().readLine(*"Confirm installation [Y/n]?
> "*);
>
> So on debug mode I set the result to "Y" but after bootstrap.start(); the
> VM just stopped gently.
> I suppose the underlying question is : how do you run the shell once you
> have made a change and want to test it ?
>
> Antonio

Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org/> |