[forge-users] Advanced Java EE 6 training... with JBoss Forge

Antonio Goncalves antonio.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 13:18:55 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm holidays skiing, and the fresh air (and bad internet connection) is
giving me some ideas.

I have a 3 days training course on Java EE 6... and now I'm working on a
*new* one : a 3 days on *Advanced Java EE 6*. On the slops I was thinking
of using Forge to do it. The idea is to kicki off the first training day by
introducing Forge to my students, and then, use it as much as I can during
the 3 days. I was having a look at what I would need to make this happen.
So I've listed the JIRAs I would *really* need to make it happen, and the
ones that would be *nice* to have:

*Really missing :*

   - run command (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1432)
   - Copy/paste (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1449)
   - CDI commands (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1493)
   - Arquillian add-on (couldn't find the JIRA)
   - Being able to create new JSF pages and Beans (
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1593)

*Nice to have*

   - Template JSF (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1580)
   - Bootstrap 3 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1542)
   - Webjars (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1067) but this one is
   still unsure on the Forge team side

About the *really missing* ones, do you think that would be doable in the
coming releases ? I know that Run, Copy/Paste, CDI and Arquillian are on
the pipeline, but the JSF ones are new.

Back to ski.....

--
Antonio Goncalves