[forge-users] Scaffolding in Forge 2.x (was Beta5 next Monday ?)

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:50:51 EST 2014

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I'm following what you want/expect, but I can tell
you what I think the difference is between, for example: "jpa-new-entity"
and "jpa-scaffold-from-db" based on what I gather from what you've said.

   - jpa-new-entity
   - has no knowledge of an existing database
      - simply allows the users to create a JPA entity, step by step
   - jpa-scaffold-from-db
      - requires an existing database
      - generates a full jpa entity from existing information
      - name does not make clear what is being created/scaffolded

The latter command seems a bit ambiguous, and I'm not sure what will happen
if we start using "scaffold" as a general term that is separate from the UI
layer. Scaffolding is frequently used to refer to a vertically aligned
generated/framework driven approach that results in a CRUD UI. And this
starts to blur that line.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing at gmail.com