[forge-users] forge application security

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 17:58:09 EST 2014

These are the features currently planned for the PicketLink Forge Addon:

1) Adding the PicketLink dependencies to the project

2) Generating a custom Identity Model (this allows you to more easily
tweak which state you store for your users)

3) Generate a JPA entity schema for an identity model - this goes hand
in hand with 2).

4) Generate the IDM configuration

5) Generate the login bean classes (basically sets up all the
server-side requirements for authentication)

6) Generate a login form (client side - JSF, HTML5, other view
technologies possibly?)

7) Generate RESTful interfaces for authentication

8) Create an  @Admin typesafe security binding using Deltaspike

9) Setup multi-tenancy support if required.

Basically the addon will trivialize the setup for PicketLink, creating
all the necessary classes and views to meet the needs of a typical
application's security requirements.

You can track progress in JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGEPLUGINS-161

Shane