[forge-users] Scaffolding derived classes?

forge-users at lists.jboss.org forge-users at lists.jboss.org
Fri Jan 23 13:22:48 EST 2015

Using Forge 2.13.0.Final in Jboss Dev. Studio 8.0.2.GA
Is it possible to generate AngularJS scaffolding for derived classes?

I have the following base class
@Entity
@Inheritance
@DiscriminatorColumn(name="userType")
public class BaseUser implements Serializable {
}

and the following two derived classes
@Entity
@DiscriminatorValue(value= UserType.SCHOOLADMIN)
@XmlRootElement
public class SchoolAdmin extends BaseUser implements Serializable
{
}

@Entity
@DiscriminatorValue(value = "S")
@XmlRootElement
public class Student extends BaseUser implements Serializable {
}

and more to come... I use:
scaffold-generate --provider AngularJS --targets  domain.* --generateRestResources --generator ROOT_AND_NESTED_DTO

BaseUser gets scaffolded properly (ie: end points, DTOs, AngularJS foo all created) (which I really won't need) but the derived classes do not.

So:
1. Am I missing something basic?
2. Is there a different approach I should be taking?

Thanks in advance for any and all pointers.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/916840#916840