[gatein-dev] Common logging

Christophe Laprun claprun at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 06:09:39 EST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 12:34 AM, Julien Viet wrote:

> I worked on providing a facade for SLF4J in the common module.

Does the world really need yet another logging façade? :/

> The various GateIn components are using another logger:
>
> - Common module use Log4J
> - WCI uses Log4J
> - Portlet Container uses Log4J
> - WSRP uses SLF4J directly

WSRP uses SLF4J because I was told that that's what we would use moving forward with GateIn. Again, do we really need to introducer another logging façade? Isn't SLF4J already a façade?

Cordialement / Best,
Chris

==
Principal Software Engineer / JBoss Enterprise Middleware Red Hat, Inc.
Follow GateIn: http://blog.gatein.org / http://twitter.com/gatein
Follow me: http://metacosm.codepuccino.com / http://twitter.com/metacosm