[gatein-dev] RepositoryContainer as the first thing to stop during shutdown

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jcosta at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 12:39:21 EST 2013

On 11/14/2013 04:01 PM, Nicolas Filotto wrote:
> No there is no bug, it is expected to ensure consistency on shutdown

In that case, I'd have to ask if there would be another event or hook
that I could subscribe to get notified before the repository gets offline.

That's because WSRP needs a fresh list of the consumers running on the
portal that is being shutdown, so that they are unregistered[1].

This list of consumers comes from the persistent storage[2], meaning
that it needs to open a Chromattic session, which in turn needs the
repository to be online[3].

While I can certainly workaround it using a cached list of consumers to
unregister from the federating portlet invoker, I would rather prefer to
be notified about a last chance to talk to the persistent storage.

>From what I'm understanding from this thread, when the stop() method is
called for WSRP, it's already too late to properly stop WSRP, but
perhaps there's another notification that I should be listening to? How
do other components deals with this scenario (getting something from
persistent storage during shutdown)?

1 - http://git.io/ujAGbQ
2 - http://git.io/2B3kLA
3 - http://git.io/yiYuCw