[gatein-dev] responsive portlets

Bolesław Dawidowicz bdawidow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 07:48:04 EST 2013

So on the second though there is one concern around backward
compatibility between 3.7 and 3.6. If someone referenced those portlets
in his custom container can it be migrated easily? Can it bring any
other migration issues like this?

On 11/13/2013 07:39 PM, Matt Wringe wrote:
> On Wed 13 Nov 2013 10:47:56 AM EST, Julien Viet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know why there is a mapping “one war file per portlet” for the responsive portlets since GateIn 3.6 :
>
> It was done to allow for easier picking and choosing of the responsive
> portlets. If someone only wanted a couple of them, they could just
> include those wars.
>

>> https://github.com/gatein/gatein-portal/tree/master/mobile-integration/portlets
>>
>> I would like to group them in a single war file (for obvious reasons).
>
> I guess this is really only an issue in Tomcat, since in JBoss its all
> self contained within an extension ear. I don't see any problem with
> having them all contained within a single war. Feel free to make that
> change.
>

>> what do you think ?
>>
>> Julien

Bolesław Dawidowicz
JBoss Portal Platform Architect | GateIn Portal Project Lead