[Hawkular-dev] Metrics, tags and search capabilities

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 14:40:06 EDT 2015

I added a comment to HWKMETRICS-54 that is worth repeating here. We support tagging at two different levels - 1) the metric or times as a whole and 2) individual data points. Tags applied to individual data points will expire alongside the data. Metric tags on the other hand do not expire. I anticipate using metric tags most frequently for query filtering as discussed below, providing meta data that might be used by other services such as inventory or alerting, and configuring things like aggregation and data retention.