[Hawkular-dev] metrics explorer UI

mike thompson mithomps at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 14:13:40 EDT 2015

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 07:59, John Mazzitelli <mazz at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Can someone describe to me what needs to be done to see the Hawkular-Metrics UI (the explorer)? If I store metric and avail data into kettle via the Metrics REST API, I can't use the kettle UI because it is geared to the pinger.
>
> Is there a explorer UI that comes with kettle outside of the main hawkular UI? If not, is there something I have to do to enable that explorer webapp?
A month or so ago I would have said "The explorer gets deployed with hawkular-metrics so just http://localhost:8080/explorer <http://localhost:8080/explorer>”.

However, there is no start.sh now, and deployment is deferred to Hawkular kettle. So there is a javascript app with no war for deployment. Also the REST urls have changed and will change again soon.

In short, it looks the explorer needs a considerable amount of attention to make it work with latest hawkular kettle. This effort will need to be prioritised with the normal hawkular UI work.