[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular Metrics Openshift Containers

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Sat Apr 18 11:10:52 EDT 2015

I’m using com.spotify:docker-maven-plugin (https://github.com/spotify/docker-maven-plugin <https://github.com/spotify/docker-maven-plugin>) in a project other than Hawkular, and I think it works quite well. Yes, it is easier to use if you build an assembly with the layout, and then simply ADD the archive via the Dockerfile. (Recall that ADD will extract the contents of a ZIP or TAR archive, whereas COPY just copies files.) The Maven plugin can easily build the image, register it locally, and optionally push to DockerHub.