[Hawkular-dev] inventory hierarchy

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 04:10:01 EDT 2015

On 20 Apr 2015, at 21:56, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> But after looking at the kinds of metrics we want to collect, I think
> we need to introduce some intermediate data - specifically, resource
> hierarchy.

Yes.  Didn't we talk about that on the meeting with Lukas last week?

> <metric-dmr name="Servlet Requests"
> resource="/subsystem=undertow/servlet=org.hawkular.alerts.rest.HawkularAlertsApp"
> attribute="request-count" />
> </metric-set-dmr>

We need wildcard support here

   resource="/subsystem=undertow/servlet=*" as we could have more
than one servlet per app

> <managed-resource-set-dmr = "Alerts Application">
> <resource-dmr name"Alerts EAR"
>               path="/deployment=hawkular-alerts-ear-1.0.ear"
> <resource-dmr name="Alerts WAR"
>               parent="Alerts EAR"
>               path="/subdeployment=hawkular-alerts-rest.war"

Same here as the outer EAR may have many WARs inside.

> So the Hawkular inventory hierachy would be this (compare with the
> Wildfly hierarchy):
>
> Alerts EAR
> |
> \-- Alerts WAR
>    \-- METRICS: Active Sessions (coming from undertow)
>    \-- METRICS: Servlet Requests (coming from the servlet inside
> undertow)

Makes certainly sense to gather them in one place if they logically
belong together as you show them. This is certainly an issue in RHQ
right now.