[Hawkular-dev] hawkular-accounts integration with websocket stuff in kettle

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 10:34:04 EDT 2015

Mazz,

On 08/03/2015 03:01 AM, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> I think the time is coming close when I need to wrap authentication around the websockets stuff we have in the server. Right now, any client can connect to our websocket server running in kettle. I know you mentioned that KeyCloak doesn't have an official integration with websockets today, but can we make calls to your accounts API directly to do things like logging in?

I'm afraid my knowledge of WebSockets might be outdated with regards to
authentication. I'm quite sure there's no specific WebSocket support on
Keycloak, but we might be able to leverage JAAS integration on that.

In any case, I'll run some tests and come up with some options, so that
we can start a discussion.

- Juca.