[Hawkular-dev] New or noteworthy in hawkular-parent 19

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 13:03:46 EDT 2015

Hi *,

New or noteworthy in hawkular-parent 19 [1]:

* WildFly BoM import removed, the projects will have to import it
   themselves where appropriate using

       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.wildfly.bom</groupId>
         <artifactId>jboss-javaee-7.0-wildfly</artifactId>
         <version>${version.org.wildfly}</version>
         <type>pom</type>
         <scope>import</scope>
       </dependency>

* Debug port for tests changed to 8789 to not clash with the server

* License checks:
   * Use slashstar style /* rather than JavaDoc style /** in Groovy
     files license header
   * *.adoc files excluded from license checks

* Checkstyle rule for imports order
   * Both Eclipse and IJ settings were tested for compliance with the
     rule
   * IJ settings were updated today
   * Please make sure that your settings are up to date:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-build-tools/tree/master/ide-configs

   * IJ users, beware of the issue described by Juca:

> For IntelliJ users out there: while testing this PR, I got into an
> interesting problem, in that IntelliJ seems to "forget" the settings.jar
> that was imported.
>
> If you get checkstyle errors even after using IntelliJ to "Organize
> Imports", you might want to check if you still have the settings.jar
> imported. The easiest way is to create a new class and see if the
> license headers are there. If they are not there, then:
>
> - Import the settings.jar
> - IntelliJ asks you to restart, which you comply
> - Once IntelliJ starts again, close it and start it again (manually)
> - Import the settings.jar again
> - It should be fixed (test by creating a new file/class).

I have sent PRs with an upgrade to parent 18 to Hawkular and Inventory
and I will continue tomorrow.

Best,

Peter

[1] https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-parent-pom/commits/19