[Hawkular-dev] MS4 demo / release

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Aug 27 07:37:22 EDT 2015

We technically still can demo deployments - the only thing missing is the UI piece. All the rest is done - the server-side piece, the bus/comm piece, and the agent-side piece. We could use my little .html test page to simulate the UI (you just use it to send in the JSON request and see the JSON responses that the UI would be getting back). Its actually pretty simple.

You load this html file in your browser:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-bus/blob/master/hawkular-feed-comm/feed-comm-war/websocket-test-client.html

You enter "ui/ws" in the "URL Context" field. You select a "Extra Data File" to upload a WAR or EAR. And in the "Message" field you enter something like:

DeployApplicationRequest={"feedId":"mazztower", "destinationFileName":"mazz.war", "resourcePath":"/t;28026b36-8fe4-4332-84c8-524e173a68bf/e;test/f;mazztower/r;mazztower~Local~~"}

where "mazztower" is the feed name of your agent (typically just your hostname), that UUID is your tenant ID (you can obtain this from inventory or accounts or probably even a log message somewhere in your server log - it usually is the same even across restarts), and the destinationFileName is what you want your war to be deployed as in the WildFly server.

Press the "send text" button and that streams the request to the server starting the whole chain of events.

You know it works when you see two JSON responses show up in your browser under that "send text" button, something like:

   GenericSuccessResponse={"message":"The execution request has been forwarded to feed [mazztower] (id=ID:mazztower-55105-1440608072916-29:1:478:1:1)"}

   DeployApplicationResponse={"resourcePath":"/t;28026b36-8fe4-4332-84c8-524e173a68bf/e;test/f;mazztower/r;mazztower~Local~~","status":"OK","message":"Deployed application: mazz.war"}