[Hawkular-dev] Where should integration components live?

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 16:49:01 EST 2015

On 2015-12-01 21:50, John Sanda wrote:
> I am primarily talking about bus integration which would include things like,
>
> * hawkular-metrics-component
> * hawkular-alerts-bus
> * hawkular-alerts-bus
> * hawkular-alerts-actions-bus
> * hawkular-inventory-bus-api
> * hawkular-inventory-bus

Ah OK, this is a little bit different area than I wanted to speak about.

> Once we move to WF 10, we will drop the bus subsystem in favor of the
 > default messaging subsystem. All that remains of the bus is a shared,
 > common library. It will no longer have (or need to have) any
 > relationship/dependency with the nest. I wonder if the bus integration
 > components should live in the main hawkular repo. If we have
> integrationtests involving these components that run in a hawkular
 > server, then I think from a development stand point, it makes things
> easier if they live in the main hawkular repo.

I agree that integration tests should be located as close as possible to
the components they are testing, ideally the tests should be located in
the same git repository as the components tested.

However, we cannot move bus-common to HK main, at least because that
would introduce circular dependencies between HK main on one side and
Agent and Command Gateway on the other side.

-- P