[Hawkular-dev] Fwd: [hawkular-ui-services] Slash hell: Preserving the encoded slashes in the resource ids. (#71)

Matthew Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 12:15:17 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----

Also part of the problem is that even if everything we write and control ourselves is properly encoding the URL, it doesn't mean that this will properly work out on an actual network somewhere.

There are other intermediary server which may control and route connections, and these servers tend to really not like certain elements within a URL, even if they are properly encode. We have already ran into a bunch of issues with this already where something else doesn't like it and either blocks or mangles the URL before sending it off to our components.

Which sucks, because then our stuff wont work properly due to bugs in completely separate servers.

So far we have come up work arounds (sort of, for one component it ended up that we just couldn't use it), but I have a feeling eventually we may have to add an option to base58 encode the metric id in the url