[Hawkular-dev] is it time for a bom? or for version definitions in parent pom?

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 04:52:47 EST 2015

On 16.12.2015 10:35, Peter Palaga wrote:
> I still think that speaking with one's upstream before releasing is the
> most flexible and reliable way of solving the present problem.

+1 . The problems discussed in this thread are, IMO, inherent to our
modular design. I certainly don't want an update to Accounts to be
propagated right away to all components, as a bug there might block
someone in a downstream component. What I certainly would want is to
have all components updated to the same accounts version by a given date.

I'm still convinced that we need some sort of code freeze, or, at least,
a component freeze, like any multi-module project with complex
dependencies have, such as a Linux distribution.

My suggestion (based on our current dependency graph):
- Thursday before the release: Parent, Commons and Accounts
- Friday before the release: Inventory, Metrics, BTM
- Monday before the release: Command Gateway, Agent, Alerts
- Tuesday (release day): Hawkular

This should give us enough time to fix any last-minute issues.

- Juca.