[Hawkular-dev] Checkstyle javadoc settings

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 03:51:45 EST 2015

Hey,

I am in favor of JavaDoc and having some checking - especially as in RHQ we have many places
where the param list of a method and the one in JavaDoc have diverged over time.

I am not in favor of forcing javadoc on every method (especially getter/setter), as this will just end up in

/** This is the getter for foo */
public foo getFoo() {}

Which is imo worse than no doc.

Unfortunately I think the default for JavaDoc is not to document private properties (=not include in the generated html),
so that putting the comment on the property itself does not help for browsing docs.